Welcome to

Register Free, SMS Over InterNet 
  Coimbatore - The Manchester of South India
Contact | Advertise on this site | Site Map| Down Loads
Coimbatore Passport Office   , India

Passport Office Coimbatore

Blue Bullet

Government of India
Ministry of External Affairs

Passport Office Coimbatore
   Passport Office Coimbatore started functioning from 14th of September 2008. It caters to six districts in the  state of Tamil Nadu. The districts are Coimbatore, Erode,  Namakkal, Salem , Tiruppur and  The Nilgiris. The office is located at Coimbatore. 
   Passport Office, First Floor, Corporation Commercial Complex, Opp. Thandumariamman Koil, Avinashi Road,  Coimbatore - 641018

Blue BulletOFFICE TIMINGS (Monday to Friday) 09.30 AM to 06.00 PM

09.30 AM to 01.00 PM

For submission of application forms, on-line registration, enquiry, appointment of Passport Officer / Public Relation Officer etc. While meeting the Passport Officer OR Public Relation Officer, please bring the relevent documents e.g. Annexure-F, Annexure-I, in case of  Tatkal Scheme and address proof, birth certificate, 10th / 12th certificate etc. in case of any other objection. 

03.30 PM to 05.30 PM

Delivery of Passports (which are promised by Passport Officer)



Name of Holiday




Republic Day


Maha Shivrthiri




Mahaveer Jayanthi


Good Friday


Buddha Purnima


Independence Day


Ramzan(IDul's Fitr)


Mahatma Gandhi's Birthday


Maha Ashtami


Dussehra(Vijaya Dasami)




Idul's Zuha(Bakrid)


Guru Nanak's Birthday





   Coimbatore, Erode, salem, Namakkal, Nilgiris and Tiruppur districts are under the jurisdiction of  Passport Office   Coimbatore.
Name Designation
Shri B Balamurugan  Passport Officer
Shri C G Rajan  Assistant Passport Officer
Shri V Kumararaj  Superintendent
Shri S.S.Noormohamed  Superintendent
Category Of Officer
NOs. Scale of Pay, Grade Pay
01. Passport Officer 1 Rs.10000-325-15200(Pre-revised Scale )
02. Asst. Passport Officer 1 Rs.9300-34800, Rs.5400
03. Superintendent 2 Rs.9300-34800, Rs.4600
04. Assistant 10 Rs.9300-34800, Rs.4200
05. Upper Division Clerk 4 Rs.5200-20200, Rs.2400
06. Chauffeur 1 Rs.5200-20200, Rs2400 
07. Office Assistant 3 Rs.5200-20200, Rs.1800  
Voice: 0422-2304888,2309009
Fax: 0422-2306660
Tele-enquiry: 0422-2309009, 2304888
One can apply on-line OR can submit the application form at  the Passport Office Coimbatore OR at Speed Post Centre of the city OR at Distict Passport Cell at the District Collectoarte.

S.No. List of District Passport Cell'S
1  COIMBATORE Collectorate, PinCode: 641 018
2  ERODE Collectorate, PinCode: 638 011
3  NAMAKKAL Collectorate, PinCode: 637 003
4  SALEM Collectorate, PinCode: 636 016
5  THE NILGIRIS Collectorate,Ooty, PinCode: 643 001
S.No. List of Speed Post Centres
1 Salem HPO 143, V.Market Road,Salem-636001
2 Attur HPO, 83,Gandhi Nagar,Attur-636102
3 Namakkal HPO,No2, Dr.Sankaran Road, Namakkal-637001
4 Tiruchengode HPO,1 C,Suriampalayam Anangur Main Road-637211
5 Rasipuram HPO,Salem Main Road, Rasipuram-637408
6 Coimbatore HPO, Goodshed Road, Coimbatore-641001
7 Coimbatore R.S.Puram HPO,TV Samy Road,Coimbatore-641002
8 Pollachi HPO,1/187, Palakkad Road, Pollachi-642001
9 Tiruppur HPO,1, Kumaran Road,Tirupur-641601
10 Metupalayam HPO,Karamadai Main Road, Mettupalayam-641301
11 Udumlpet HPO,3 Cutcherry St, Udumalpet-642126
12 Coimbatore Collectorate SO,Old Post Office Road,Coimbatore-641 018
13 Avinashi SO,Coimbatore Road,Avanashi 641 654
14 Erode SO,Gandhiji Road,Erode 638001
15 Dharapuram HPO,New Police Station Street,Dharapuram 638 656
16 Gopichettipalayam HPO,220/55, Velumani nagar,Gobichettipalayam 638 452
17 Bhavani HPO,262, Old Bus Stand Road,Bhavani 638 301
18 Conoor HPO,Bedford Circle,Coonoor 643 101
19 Udhagamandalam HPO,156, District Court Campus, Near Collectorate, Udagamandalam-643001
20 Willington HPO,403 Barracks, Near MRC,Wellington 643231

Counter  Details

Service Details

Counter No.1

Senior Citizen Counter

Counter No.02 & 04

On-line submission of applications (Today's Date)

Counter No.05 & 06

Acceptance of Fees (Cash Counter)

Counter No.09 & 10

Scrutiny of applications (Ordinary)

Counter No.11 & 12

Acceptance of Fees (Cash Counter)

Counter No.13 & 14

Scrutiny of applications (Ordinary)

Counter No.15

Delivery of Passports (which are promised by the Passport Officer)  

Counter No. 16 & 17

Miscellaneous counter

Counter No.7 & 18 Enquiry/Status of your application/Forms


Passport Officer,
Grievances Officer Telephone :  0422-2301415,2306111
Fax No. :  0422-2306660


To know the status of your application click here.


Dial the tele enquiry nos. 0422-2304888 / 2309009.


Shri. B.Balamurugan
Passport Officer
Grievances Officer, Telephone: 0422-2301415 Fax No. : 0422-2306660                                                                           E-mail -
Passport are delivered by SPEED POST and in case of counter delivery (promised by Passport Officer) the Passport will be delivered to the applicant only. Delivery of Passport will be not be given on an authority letter.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding Passport Rules and Regulations
Question 1: I got my passport from Delhi. Now I have shifted to Bangalore. Should I change my address in the passport? If change is required, what are the documents required and how much time will it take?
Answer: It is up to you to change the address. It is always better if your passport indicates your current address. For this purpose, you need to fill up form-II and submit it along with valid proof of your residential address at Passport Office of the area of where you reside.
Question 2: My Passport has been issued by one Passport Office. Can I apply for services in another Passport Office?
Answer: Yes. You can apply for miscellaneous services at Passport Office where you are presently residing.
Question 3: I don't have ECNR stamp in my Passport. Can I get it on the basis of my provisional matriculation or above certificate issued by the University/Board concerned?
Answer: . We are no longer affixing ECNR stamp in passports. In fact it is not even printed in the new passport booklets. Currently, only ECR stamp is being put in passports if applicant is not eligible for ECNR. However, you are entitled to ECNR status if you possess qualification of Matriculation or above. Even you can get ECNR status on the basis of provisional matriculation certificate if the mark sheets of all semesters of your course are available with you.
Question 4: I have downloaded the application form from your website. Can I fill it up & submit?
Answer: Yes.
Question 5: I have downloaded the application form for passport from the website. However in the column where specimen signatures of the applicant are required it says put the signatures also on the stickers option, which is not available on the net. What should I do in this case.
 Answer: In this case, you need to put your signatures only below column 19 of the application form.
Question 6: Is Identity Certificate mandatory for State/Central Government/PSU employees?
Answer: Yes. Identity Certificate (Annexure-"B") issued by the competent authority in prescribed Performa is a must for these employees for getting their passports, without police verification.
Question 7: I am working in ICICI Bank? Am I required to furnish the Identity Certificate?
Answer: Only those persons working in companies, which are owned by the State/Central Governments, need to submit "Identity Certificates". Employees of Private Banks are not required to submit "Identity Certificates" for getting passports.
Question 8: .I got my passport 2 years ago. I got married recently. Should I include my spouse's name in my passport? If so, what is the procedure?
Answer: It is better to include your spouse's name in your passport. For this, please file up Form No.I(EAP-II) form and submit it along with marriage certificate, photocopy of spouse's passport (if she has one) and proof of stay (if the present address is different from the one in the passport). Note : The procedure is the same if one wants to include her husband's name in the passport.
Question 9: .I have a one-month-old baby? Does the baby require a separate passport Or his/her name can be endorsed in one of the parents' passport?
Answer: Endorsement of child's name in parents' passports is not allowed anymore. As per the amended law, minors should have separate passports.
Question 10: In case of a minor child passport, whose father is abroad, whether consent is to be obtained to apply for a passport? If so, what is the procedure?
Answer: Yes. Consent of the spouse, who is abroad, is required for submitting the application. It should be in the form of a Sworn Affidavit duly attested by the Indian Embassy/Consulate abroad.
Question 11: What is the difference between Re-issue and Renewal of a passport?
Answer: Passports are Re-issued after the expiry of their 10-year validity period.If you had been issued a Short Validity Passport (i.e. a passport of validity less than 10 years) apply for renewal to extend the normal validity of the existing passport to 10 years. In the case of Re-issue of passport a normal fee of Rs.1000/- will be charged whereas for extending the validity (renewal) no fee is charged.
Question 12: My passport expired 4 years ago. Can I renew it? What is the procedure for it?
Answer: In such a case, you have to fill up Application Form No. I(EAP-I) form and submit it along with original/photocopy of your expired passport and proof of your residence/address. However, since the passport expired 4 years ago, fresh police verification will be required in your case.
Question 13: I am a student staying away from my parents. Where do I apply for passport and what proof of residence shall I have to furnish?
Answer: For instance, if you are a student staying in Rohtak (which falls under the jurisdiction of RPO, Chandigarh) and your parents are staying in Hissar which also falls under the jurisdiction of RPO Chandigarh , You can apply at RPO, Chandigarh. For this purpose, along with your form you have to provide four Personal Particulars forms. Please also indicate your hostel address/the place where you are staying in Rohtak as present address and your parent's address as Permanent address. In case you are studying and staying in Bangalore , you can either apply to the Passport Office Bangalore or in the Passport Office in whose jurisdiction your parents' address (permanent address) is located.e.g Delhi. In the later case , fill up an additional set of Personal particulars form giving the address in Bangalore. For proof of residence at your hostel/place of stay, either you should provide a letter from the Principal/Warden or proof of residence of the guardian with whom you are staying along with the guardianship affidavit. You should also provide proof of your parents address (i.e. permanent address).
Question 14: What is the difference in procedure between applying in person and by Post?
Answer: While you apply in person, two copies of all the documents duly self attested have to be handed over at the counter along with the originals, which will be returned after verification at the counter immediately. While applying by post, you have to submit two copies of all the documents duly attested by a Gazetted Officer bearing his name seal and address of his office.
Question 15: .I am a salaried person and Income tax is deducted from salary. What are the documents I need to submit for ECNR status?   
Answer:   Form 16(a) for the last 3 years along with copies of acknowledgement of your returns.
Question 16: I shifted to Delhi 7 months back from Bangalore. I have to apply for a passport. As per instructions, one should have stayed for atleast one year at a given address. Can I apply for a passport at Passport Office, Delhi? If so, please let me know the procedure.
Answer: Yes. You can apply at Passport Office, Delhi. For this purpose, you have to submit proof of seven months' stay in Delhi and also mention the previous address in the application form for which you are also required to submit 2 additional Personal Particulars forms along with the application.
Question 17: . I have to travel to the UK next week on a company assignment. I don't have passport. Can I get a new passport under the Tatkal Scheme?
Answer: Yes. You can apply under Tatkal scheme and pay the Tatkal fee of Rs. 1,500/1000 as the case may be, and a Verification Certificate (Annexure-F) or three documents as mentioned under Tatkal Category of Passport Information Booklet along with Standard Affidavit (Annexure-I).
Question 18: What documents are required when there is a change in name on account of Divorce.
Answer: (i) Divorce deed duly authenticated by Court and (ii) Deed Poll or Sworn Affidavit as per specimen in Annexure -D given in the Passport Information booklet attached to the application.
Question 19: Is it mandatory to submit Birth Certificate in cases of those who are born on or after 26.01.1989.
Answer: Yes, Birth Certificate issued by Municipal authorities only is acceptable for those born on or after 26.01.1989.
Question 20: In a case of Muslim passport holder, whether entry of second wife name is allowed on passport.
Answer: Yes. But the entry of first wife name will remain intact if divorce is not obtained.